Friday, August 8, 2014

Thank you, Change


Lately life has been a doozy.  It forced change upon me like a thief in the night.  And now I am left wondering where all of my heirlooms of sweet memories  have gone.  Probably in a pawn shop somewhere, huh.  I'll retrieve them, buy them back later.  Maybe and then again maybe not.  For now, I am grateful for the change.  I am grateful because now I realize that those heirlooms were merely costume and often subtly wrought with dross.  They were not pure gold.  

Most High,
Thank you for loving me.  
Thank you for preparing me and showing me that I am worthy of better.



“All that you touch
You Change.
All that you Change
Changes you.
The only lasting truth
is Change.
God
is Change.” 

~Octavia E. Butler

1 comment:

Gloria Brown said...

Hey Nat: Romans 8:28 is my
favorite -- ALL THINGS do
work together for good. All things are not good, but trust me that God is still working no matter what we go through. "It is better to trust in God than to put confidence in man."(Psalm 118:8) Continue to trust Him for the gold.

LuvU,
Aunt Glo